Replies

CUE mailbox no. license upgrade

Hi,

Kindly help for these queries:

1. This license is downloadable from Cisco

So if we consider i have 100 hour as a full capacity

and the current license is 25 mailboxes

so every mailbox will have 4-hours

So If i need to increase the number of mailboxes, i can download the license file for 50 users as for example

then every mailbox will have 2 hours automatically

Is this will be for free without any purchase order ?

2. I'll upgrade to cue 7, so I found all doc talked about the packages without mentioning the license file for the new version

I guess i must download the new license file for the new code 7.0.3 to be compatible with the new downloaded files, or I can upgrade with no care about the license file ? and then I'll have all files [main pkg,installer,lang pak..] in version 7 but the license file will still version 3.

3. Finally is there any new features in cue 7 than earlier releases ?

Thanks & Best Regards

Hytham Hadad

9 Replies 9

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. it is not free. Legally, you've to order the license.

2. always use license files for the specific CUE version you have.

3. refer to documentation. A ist of new features is in there.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply

Could you please clarify point 1 and 3 in more details

1. The cucm 7 isn't allowed you to add more and more phones without existing license,

So in my case what will prevent the cue from having the new mailbox number after downloading the new license file ?

for point 3. I need to know the new features which will take the customer attention and force him for the upgrade

Finally,If i download cue 7 files,Will the new version license file need a new license ?

Thanks for your care

Hytham Hadad

Hi,

Thanks for your reply

Could you please clarify point 1 and 3 in more details

1. The cucm 7 isn't allowed you to add more and more phones without existing license,

So in my case what will prevent the cue from having the new mailbox number after downloading the new license file ?

for point 3. I need to know the new features which will take the customer attention and force him for the upgrade

Finally,If i download cue 7 files,Will the new version license file need a new license ?

Thanks for your care

Hytham Hadad

Assuming it's you that have low rated my 100% correct answer above, that is wrongly done and you should correct your attitude.

Fairness come before knowledge, good luck.

Hi,

From the day I have visited this forum

I was happy alot from the replies of Rob Huffman, it is really helpful

Although some times I was having no poblems, I come here to browse his answers

So the 3-answers above is not satisfing what i was looking for specially the 3rd point

So i see it give some help, not very helpfull from my view

And I think this forum is to share knowledge, not to be sad for not rating

thanks for your kind reply

Hi,

I'm not sad for rating, as I have more than enough of it.

It is you that are misusing the system and make a fool of yourself in continuing to do so.

Beside that, the complete answer to your questions is in my first reply, if you are unable to search and read documentation, that is not my fault.

Paolo

+5 :)

Huff

Thanks Rob, but I feel a bit uneasy now, because I never intended to be rated for an answer I had to give without relation to technical matters.

I can only try to improve my contribution with the explicit link to the new CUE features that the OP was asking for:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel7_0/rel_notes/rel_notes.html#wp225607

Hey Paolo,

No worries, I meant to rate your excellent first answer my friend! As usual, my dyslexic skills have missed the mark. But the intent is still the same :)

Cheers!

Huff