How to Run Queries, Informix CCM 6

Unanswered Question
Jun 8th, 2009
User Badges:

Hi All,

We use to use SQL to run advanced queries and reports on our cdr database for particular extensions. We recently upgraded to ccm6 and don't really have any idea how to connect to and query the new database on the Linux OS. Do you have any suggestions, and do I have to purchase software in order to do this?

Thanks

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
sammysammys Tue, 06/09/2009 - 06:44
User Badges:

So I would log into the CLI, and use the sql command? Could I output the results to a file or would it just show on the screen? Ideally I want it like sql queries on the sql db. Where I can select all calls to or from a particular extension and then send the reports to a csv...

Thanks for the help.

Jaime Valencia Tue, 06/09/2009 - 06:58
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

It only shows in the screen but you can use something like putty to capture the output and then process it however you want

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

sammysammys Tue, 06/09/2009 - 07:06
User Badges:

Ok, that makes sense. Sorry, one more question.

In SQL I would enter" Select * from cdr where caller_number = xxxx"

Is the database the same name, and are the fields all the same as well? My example isn't 100% accurate :).

Thanks

Jaime Valencia Tue, 06/09/2009 - 07:14
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

Example

run sql select * from car:tbl_billing_data where originalcalledpartynumber='911'

Most of the fields remain the same

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

sammysammys Tue, 06/09/2009 - 07:19
User Badges:

Great, thank you.

I have another question though. Are there any free or not free third party reporting tools that people use to run these reports?

Actions

This Discussion