Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Run Queries, Informix CCM 6

sammysammys
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We use to use SQL to run advanced queries and reports on our cdr database for particular extensions. We recently upgraded to ccm6 and don't really have any idea how to connect to and query the new database on the Linux OS. Do you have any suggestions, and do I have to purchase software in order to do this?

Thanks

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You still can

run sql

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cucos/6_0_1/cucos/iptpappa.html#wp1052698

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

So I would log into the CLI, and use the sql command? Could I output the results to a file or would it just show on the screen? Ideally I want it like sql queries on the sql db. Where I can select all calls to or from a particular extension and then send the reports to a csv...

Thanks for the help.

It only shows in the screen but you can use something like putty to capture the output and then process it however you want

HTH

java

HTH

java

Ok, that makes sense. Sorry, one more question.

In SQL I would enter" Select * from cdr where caller_number = xxxx"

Is the database the same name, and are the fields all the same as well? My example isn't 100% accurate :).

Thanks

Example

run sql select * from car:tbl_billing_data where originalcalledpartynumber='911'

Most of the fields remain the same

HTH

java

HTH

java

Great, thank you.

I have another question though. Are there any free or not free third party reporting tools that people use to run these reports?

http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/ctdp/Search.pl

Enter a Solution -> IP Communications -> Accounting/billing -> Not applicable -> Search

You'll get a list of partners developing solutions for CAR.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: