Views
Helpful
Replies

Email notification

paul_rick
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a need to just receive emails for environment issues. I have turned off polling for everything except environment. I have created an event set just for environment like fans & power. When I add a new email subscription, I get all sorts of traps not related to hardware issues.

How do I receive mail notification just for power/ fan/ cpu & mem?

Thanks in advance

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Uncheck the boxes under Alert Severity and Alert Status, and that should give you what you want.

View solution in original post

No, the boxes under Alert are not required, and unchecking them will accomplish what you want. When you only have the boxes checked for Events, then only events which match your Event Set configuration will be sent as notifications. With the alert boxes checked, you will get notifications for every alert which is generated by DFM.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please post a screenshot of your notification group settings.

Hi,

-> go to Device Fault Manager-> Notification Services->Email Notification

Here you have to define group then put required email address to get email notifications.

Regards,

Naidu.

Thank you Mr Clarke,

Apologies for the late response but I think I know what is causeing this. The devices are sending snmp traps to Cisco Works.

So my question would rather be, is there a way I can "filter" snmp traps out from the email notification?

Regards

Paul,

P.s. Let me know if you still require a scrren dump

Yes, I still require the screenshot. I would also like to see a screenshot showing any event set customization you have done.

Ok, attached are the screen dumps.

Can snmp traps from devices be filtered before email notification?

Cheers

Uncheck the boxes under Alert Severity and Alert Status, and that should give you what you want.

Thanks for the reply, but I have tried this and these are required. So I cannot save until I select at least one from every group.

Is there a way to ignore snmp traps being received on CiscoWorks?

No, the boxes under Alert are not required, and unchecking them will accomplish what you want. When you only have the boxes checked for Events, then only events which match your Event Set configuration will be sent as notifications. With the alert boxes checked, you will get notifications for every alert which is generated by DFM.

Thank you! Have done this and looking much better!

Was 2 mins short of changing the recieving port of snmp traps....

Cheers

Paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: