Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Call Control groups

otn-cco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is it considered "Best Practice" to use a different Call Control group per application ? Would it depend entirely on the nature of the application ?

About to upgrade from IPCC 4 and notice two applications using the same Call control group..

thanks.

Matt.

5 Replies 5

iftikharsyed_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

To effectivly use all your ports you should use same call control group for all your applications.

hth,

Iftikhar Ahmed

James Hawkins
Level 8
Level 8

I tend to use separate groups for each application for two reasons.

1. I can use different music on hold sources when putting callers on hold. This is valuable if the contact centre services different caller groupsv - e.g. callers to a sales line may be played information about special offers, callers to a support line may be played information about alternative contact methods.

2. I am more comfortable that each application has enough CTI ports to cope with the number of sessions I configure.

Thanks..

I can understand the reason behind using the same for all apps if you wanted to make optimal use of CTI ports. However I will go with seperate groups as suggested as I will want to have different MOH sources..

thanks

I likes this one alot +5 for the MoH reason, never thought of it that way!

Chad

clarkjaso
Level 1
Level 1

I think there is definately more to consider than MOH here, you have CID/calling permissions and application utilization/service levels to consider also. Perhaps things that service the business would be more critical to point to a guaranteed group of ports for that application. Sure you could lump everything together, but wouldnt you want to retain control of this crucial piece even if only for troubleshooting sake. Also as for CID and calling permissions, If you were to be servicing multiple clients from one UCCx box, you better believe you wouldnt want to accidentally mix your calls together!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: