Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco works LMS 2.6

ilnaiduccna
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have to change the CiscoWorks login password from old to new, no idea how to change it can somebody help me please....

Regards,

Naidu.

5 Replies 5

Martin Ermel
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

every user can change its own password in

Common Services > Server > Security > Local User Setup ==>> Modify My Profile

a user with the 'System Administrator' role can change the password of any user by going to the above mentioned menu, selecting a user and click 'Edit'

This works if there is no integration with 3rd party authentication (LDAP, ACS,etc.)

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your response.

I am looking to change the login page password, dont think so for every user.

We hav only one user that is admin.

Regards,

Naidu.

I am not sure if I understand correct, but if you mean the password needed to login to http://yourLMS-Server:1741 with the user admin, then what I wrote is that what you need to do. Login in as 'admin', go to

Common Services > Server > Security > Local User Setup

in the lower right corner click on "Modify My Profile" and you can change the password for your profile/user (which is 'admin).

If that is not what you want to do, please post a screen-shot of the page you are referring to.

Hi Martin,

Yes you are right and i got the point.

I need to login http://LMS-server:1741 with user admin.

But i checked the Local User Setup there are three different users, when i try to modify the user profile after click on modify my profile there its showing username: admin for all users (three) profiles here only i am getting confuse.

Regards,

Naidu.

I think now I understand...

"Modify My Profile" is always used for the current logged-in user. If you login as 'admin', you will change the admins' password, if you login as 'user_1', "Modify My Profile" will change the password for 'user_1'. Thus every user has the possibility to change its password.

Every user that has the 'System Administrator' role additionaly has the possibility to change the password for any othe user. He can do this by selecting _ONE_ user, then click on "Edit" ( and not "Modify My Profile"). In the next pop-up he can assign a (new) password to that account and also the different privilege roles.

There is one exception:

Only the admin user itself can change the admin password.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: