Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA3102 / 2102

Hi All,

I've one question about speed of LAN/WAN port in ATAs SPA2102, SPA3102.

In the specification, DS stands that gateways have two 100 BASE-T ports, so 100 Mbps - FE.

When we connect gateway to a switch it is disovered as 10 Mbps, no matter what kind of switch we will use.

I'm wondering if the specifiaction that we can find at linksys-voip.eu or cisco.com is correct?

Can anyone explain this?

Thank you,

Lukasz

4 Replies 4

Patrick Born
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Lukasz,

The speed of the network ports on current ATAs such as SPA2102 and SPA3102 are 10/100 Mb/s.

Discontinued ATAs such as PAP2 and SPA2000 are only 10Mb/s.

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

Thank you for answer.

Sorry for the first post, I've checked it in our lab and it was some misunderstanding with our customer. Ports in SPA3102 are discovered as 100 Mbps.

The problem we still encounter is fact that when we connect one host to the Ethernet port and second host to Internet port transfer(FTP for example) that we can achieve between these ports is only about 900 KBps so no more than 10 Mbps. The question should be about internal throughput of SPA3102(possibly SPA2102 I don't have any of these on the lab ata the moment to check). Is 10 Mbps maximum that we can achive when transfering data from LAN port to WAN?

Thanks,

Lukasz

SPA2102 is a low-speed router. On NAT-Router mode max. speed is around 6 Mbps. You can increase the speed to some 10ths of Mbps (approx. 30 Mbps) by setting the SPA2102 as a bridge.

If you require more throughput then I would suggest you move to the WRP400.

Regards
Alberto

Thank you for explanation, now everything is clear.

Best Regards,

Lukasz

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: