I can't find any documentation that describes how the disk space on a WAE-674 is allocated (DRE/WAFS/Print/OS/VB) when a virtual blade has been configured.
I have a WAE-674 (3 * 300GB RAID-5 disks and 8Gb RAM) with a 20Gb VB configured. In particular, I'm interested in how much disk space will be available for WAFS/CIFS caching.
This is the allocation on a per platform basis:
WAAS disk allocation for DRE, CIFS(WAFS) cache
WAAS disk capacity allocation is not configurable.
20GB of disk is pre-allocated by Cisco WAAS for use by the system (spool, log files, and other system objects). The remainder is allocated to the CONTENT and PRINTSPOOL partitions, which is shared by WAFS and DRE. WAFS is assigned 1/2 of the capacity of CONTENT partition, up to the capacity of a single partition.
The size of the PRINTSPOOL partition is fixed to 1GB for each HW plaform below.
Below are the automatically-assigned capacities for DRE and WAFS for current generation platforms.
The assignments apply even if WAFS services are not enabled.
* NME-WAE-302 - 80GB disk, DRE 55GB
* NME-WAE-502 - 120GB disk, DRE 47GB, WAFS 47GB
* NME-WAE-522 - 160GB disk, DRE 67GB, WAFS 67GB
* WAE-512 w/ 1GB of memory, 250GB disks (RAID-1) - DRE 75GB, WAFS 110GB
* WAE-512 w/ 2GB of memory, 250GB disks (RAID-1) - DRE 110GB, WAFS 110GB
* WAE-612 w/ 2GB of memory, 300GB disks (RAID-1) - DRE 130GB, WAFS 130GB
* WAE-612 w/ 4GB of memory, 300GB disks (RAID-1) - DRE 130GB, WAFS 130GB
* WAE-674 w/ 4GB of memory, 300GB disks (RAID-5) - DRE 120GB, WAFS 120GB (rest is reserved for VirtualBlade services)
* WAE-674 w/ 8GB of memory, 300GB disks (RAID-5) - DRE 120GB, WAFS 120GB (rest is reserved for VirtualBlade services)
* WAE-7326 w/ 4GB of memory, 6x300GB disks (RAID-1) - DRE 300GB, WAFS 300GB
* WAE-7341, 4x300GB disks (RAID-5) - DRE 500GB, WAFS 220GB
* WAE-7371, 6x300GB disks (RAID-5) - DRE 1TB, WAFS 200GB
Pay attention to CSCsl80635, which will be fixed in 4.0.17 release, as 4.0.15 does not enforce the cache allocation numbers corretly.
Starting Vallejo release (4.0.19) the WAFS cache will split to the follwing: 7.5GB will be used to store the cache database and the rest for the actual file's data (it is incresed from 5GB that was used before).