cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PA-4T+ supports E1 Link

Jacob Samuel
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 6500 switch with Flex-wan module. PA-2FE-FX and PA-4T+ these are the port adapters i used on the Flex-wan. I have a new 2mb E1 link now can i terminate this E1 link on the PA-4T+ adaptor.

regards

JCB

5 Replies 5

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Jacob,

the original PA 4T+ datasheet says yes

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2033/products_data_sheet09186a0080091cd2.html

you should be able to select E1 mode on a per port basis

>> The four-port adapter (PA-4T+) provides four synchronous serial ports. Each port supports full-duplex operations at T1 and E1 speeds

So there should be a command to tell this to the device.

Be aware that some limitations on flexwan can apply

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Dear Giusee,

Thanks for the update, i updated customer that we need another module for this but still i had soome doubt thats why i checked, i also found the data sheet. It is there on the benefits list -

"Supports four full-duplex T1/E1 connections or a single full-duplex E2 connection ".

But one more thing Giusee, the E1 needs an interface of RJ45 type, how can we connect this to the synch serial type interface? do we need any converter or i can ask the Telco to provide it on serial interface type?

Also how can we make it confirm?

regards

JCB

Yes, you need an interface converter with this PA. The alternative, is that you get a native E1 PA, and use no converter.

Hi,

Thanks for the update. can you please update what type of converter we need for this?

regards

Jacob

It's called E1 to V.35 (or other serial type) converter. It's a generic box used in quantity by telcos manufactured by many brands.

When used, you will not be able to see the true circuit performances in term of errors, and you will have an additional device to power and take space in the rack, together with the burden of thick serial cables. That is why accurate installations do not use converters.

Please remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco