Views
Helpful
Replies

ippa agent login error

csshenoy80
Level 2
Level 2

Hi

We have uccx 7 with cucm 7, and login method used is IP Phone agent. When we associate the agents with the IPCC extension, and agent try to login to extension, they get error saying the phone is not associated with the agent.

We have associated the ip phones with RmCm user as well as the end users. Still we get the error.

Please suggest.

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

you also need to associate the phone to the JTAPI user that you created, not just the rmcm.

HTH, please rate useful posts.

Chad

Thank you for the response.

However, in UCCX, the agent extension association is only with RmCm user. JTAPI user association is for UCCE (Enterprise).

The issue with our setup is, if i change the IPCC extension for the user and save it, with this change, agent cannot login directly on that extension. I would need to manually reset the extension multiple times. Whereas it should be smooth for changing the IPCC extension and login on IPPA.

Kindly suggest.

no its not just for UCCE, you need it in UCCX as well. How could CAD possibly control the phone without it?

Chad

The RmCm user has standard CTI feature enabled on it, which manages and controls the agent extensions and the users associated.

As well, in cisco document for UCCX 7 administration guide, agent extension is associated with only the RmCm Application user and the End User Agent.

Thanks.

I have managed to overcome the issue, I restarted the CTI manager service on both the call manager servers. Now able to change the extension for the ipcc agents.