cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Could any expert in WAAS Mobile see this question?

marcio.sato
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody!

I succesfully installed WAAS Mobile in a customer. Everything worked fine with WAAS, except for a particular application. WAAS Mobile is not working with a particular client/server Application. When WAAS Client is running, the Application Client is not able to connect to the Application Server.

Analyzing the packets capture with Wireshark, I observed that the first 3 packets are not being redirected to the WAAS Mobile Server. It is going straight to the Application Server.

At first I thought that I needed to add another process to the Proxied Process list in WAAS. But using the TCPView software I can see that the process that is sending the first packets is the one that I already added to the Proxied Process list.

The question is: Is it normal for these first packets not passing through WAAS Mobile Server? Or all the packets of the process should be redirected to the WAAS Mobile Server? Could this problem be a bug? What is the best way to troubleshoot this?

Thanks!

Marcio

1 Reply 1

First of all, individual packets are not passed thru to the WAAS Mobile Server. All TCP connections for accelerated applications are terminated on the client. The packet content is encapsulated and passed to the WAAS Mobile Server using a UDP connection on port 1182. The fact that you saw packets going to the application server means that the applicaiton in question is not being optimized for whatever reason. To determine the reason, please generate a client and server System Report directly after exercising the problem application with WAAS Mobile. Either open a TAC case for the issue or send the system reports to the Cisco SE assigned to your account. The system reports can then be analyzed to determine why the application is being bypassed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: