Views
Helpful
Replies

Error related with Java Virtual Machine and LMS doesn't start

cmartinvalle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've just installed a LMS 3.1 on a Windows 2003 Server but when it is at the point of starting, it fails and the login page never appears.

I have been looking in the log files but I haven't seen any clue, even in the TomcatMonitor.log there is no errors. I have only found a strange log file called hs_err_pid11436.log in the NMSROOT folder, please find it attached. It's the first time I see a file like this.

Can anyone please help me?

Kind regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It looks like an older version of Tomcat may be running. Try rebooting this server.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

cmartinvalle
Level 1
Level 1

Here you can find the log file.

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What do you mean, it fails? What errors do you get when starting Daemon Manager?

Login page appears but when logging in, after some seconds, a page appears as if the Tomcat were down (so we cannot use LMS) but in TomcatMonitor.log there are no error messages.

What is the page that appears? Post the NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/logs/stdout.log and stderr.log.

Please, find attached a screenshot from the "login page" and the log files requested. It is included the TomcatMonitor.log as well.

The Tomcat process is down and restarting it doesn't fix the problem.

It looks like an older version of Tomcat may be running. Try rebooting this server.

Hi,

that is the problem, our customer gave us a server with some older programas installed. I'm going to tell them that we need to reinstall the Windos operating system.

Many thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: