Views
Helpful
Replies

can't get into Voice Mail with correct PIN via message button on 7965 phone

zhzhjun
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have Cisco Unified Communication Business Edtion 6.1, now 1 7965 cisco phone has trouble to access the voice mail via message button which worked fine before. the symptoms as below:

- when press message button, get voice prompt for "enter your password", after enter correct PIN, it says "invalid entry".

I tried to associate this extension(DN) to another 7965 phone, it works fine.

Can anyone help on this?

Thanks.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Zhi,

Have a close look at the 7965 and ensure that there isn't a secondary line with the Voicemail icon (envelope) flashing. The parameter for "Always use Prime Line for Voicemail" may be set to false and you may actually be trying to access the mailbox associated with the secondary line by default.

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

Hello,

This parameter would be set in the Call Manager, under System---->Service Parameters.

Hope that helped, if so please rate.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Zhi,

Have a close look at the 7965 and ensure that there isn't a secondary line with the Voicemail icon (envelope) flashing. The parameter for "Always use Prime Line for Voicemail" may be set to false and you may actually be trying to access the mailbox associated with the secondary line by default.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Where's the setting "Always use Prine Line for Voicemail", on the phone or on the Call Manager?

Hello,

This parameter would be set in the Call Manager, under System---->Service Parameters.

Hope that helped, if so please rate.

Hi Rob,

I found the setting, and it fixed the issue yet.

Thanks for help