Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Transfer

Mojo1
Level 1
Level 1

We have CCM 6.1.1

I have a person ext: 8002 who has his phone set to call forward all to ext: 8001. If the person at ext: 8001 has a caller that wants to talk to the person at ext: 8002 how do they send the call to them. They used to do this via an intercom with the legacy avaya pbx. How do you do this in Call Manager?

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

"CFA Destination Override"

Cisco Unified CallManager provides a service parameter (CFA Destination Override) that allows the administrator to override Call Forward All (CFA) when the target of the CFA calls the initiator of the CFA, so the CFA target can reach the initiator for important calls. In other words, when the user to whom calls are being forwarded (the target) calls the user whose calls are being forwarded (the initiator), the phone of the initiator rings instead of call forwarding back to the target. The override works whether the CFA target phone number is internal or external.

When the CFA Destination Override service parameter is set to False (the default value), no override occurs. Ensure the service parameter is set to True for CFA override to work. See Service Parameters Configuration in the Cisco Unified CallManager Administration Guide, Release 5.0(4), for information about configuring service parameters.

Note CFA override only takes place if the CFA destination matches the calling party and the CFA Destination Override service parameter is set to True. If the service parameter is set to True and the calling party does not match the CFA destination, CFA override does not take place, and the CFA remains in effect.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

If I make the change in the Service Parameters to True for CFA Destination Override will what I have listed below work?

If I call ext: 8002 and it forwards to ext: 8001, can 8001 then press transfer dial 8002 and press transfer again and have the call be delivered to 8002?

I changed the Service Parameter setting to True. It now allows me to transfer the active call to ext: 8002, but goes directly to their voice mail. Is there a way for it to ring so the person can answer the phone?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: