Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone Busy Icon

Mojo1
Level 1
Level 1

We have CCM 6.1.1

How can a admin assistant tell his her boss is on the phone. If you use a shared line don't you run into problems with voice mail?

Is there another way for the admin asst to tell if her boss is on the phone?

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

On an additional button, put boss DN in monitor or shared mode.

I have a 7961 Phone, with the one line apprearance. How can I create three more buttons so you can tell when the people on the button are on the phone? I also tried to add the boss's DN where do you set the DN to Monitor or Shared Mode?

Hello,

You will need to change the phone button template on the 7961 to accomodate 3 lines as opposed to one. Alternately, you can make a phone button template, with one line, and the rest of the buttons can be configured as BLF speed dials. This way, the lines wont be shared, but the lines can be monitored by the assistant, and can transfer calls to the speed dials. Also, to make BLF speed dial work, you will need to set the "SUBSCRIBE calling search space" to one that includes the partitions of the DN's that you would like to watch.

Hope that helped, if so please rate.

I created a BLF button. and it is under the UnAssigned Associated Items so there for when you pickup the handset of the phone you want to monitor it does not show up. How do I do the following since when you create a BLF number it does not give you an option for CSS.

Also, to make BLF speed dial work, you will need to set the "SUBSCRIBE calling search space" to one that includes the partitions of the DN's that you would like to watch.

Hello,

On the phone configuration page for the phone of the assistant, scroll down to the "Protocol Specific Information" section, the last drop-down menu in that section is where you will specify the "SUBSCRIBE Calling Search Space". Set this value to a calling search space that contains the partion of the phones that you would like to monitor.

Hope that helped, if so please rate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: