cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Incoming call blocking

richard.wood
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to block certain incoming calls using the UC500?  We get calls every morning from a certain number that keeps mistaking our number for a different company.  We've tried explaining that they're calling the wrong number, but to no avail.

Thanks;

Richard

9 Replies 9

Skyler Spence
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You could accomplish this using CLI.  If you are already using a translation profile on your incoming dial-peer, you can add a new rule to this profile or edit the existing rule.  Assuming that no translation profile is configured the steps would be something like:

voice translation-rule 11000

rule 1 reject /9995551234/

voice translation-profile CALL_BLOCK

translate calling 11000

dial-peer voice (incoming dial-peer(s) tag(s)) [pots | voip]

call-block translation-profile incoming CALL_BLOCK

call-block disconnect-cause incoming invalid-number

For more information about this feature, you can check out this document from cisco.com

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2t/12_2t11/feature/guide/ftgwrepg.html#wp1038689

Notice that my translation rule and profile match the CCA out of band configuration guidelines, and my annoying
caller has a phone number of 9995551234.  I tested this out on my system, and while CCA does not seem to have any
problems with this code be aware that any changes to your dial plan may result in your dial-peer statements being
overwritten.

I've created the necessary entries in the config but things are not working like I think they should.

When I call our system from an unblocked number the system rings extensions after the 1st ring like normal.  When testing from a blocked number I hear about 5 more rings before the system starts ringing the extensions.  Plus blocked numbers show up as unknown number on the caller id.

I was expecting a rejected calling number to be terminated as in disconnected or a hang up.

Can someone confirm my results.

The configuration is correct.  You should post your config so that we can help debug this with you.  Remember to take passwords out of the config.

richard.wood
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for your help.  I was able to put the commands in CLI and it worked.

Richard

Hi.  I saw this post.  Will this work for 2800 and 3800 series voice gateways?  We have the same issue and would like to block certain incoming calls.  We are still running Call Manager 4.1 however.  Thanks.

richard.wood
Level 1
Level 1

Okay, I have a follow-up here.  It seems that the limit is 15 numbers using the method outlined in this post.  Is there a way to go beyond the 15 number limit?  I don't want to block an entire area code or prefix, but we do get a lot of calls coming in from a certain area that mistake our phone number for an automated check in.

Thanks;

Richard

nyciscotech
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have an example using the default CCA built configuration on the UC5XX?

I have configured this on an FXO port, however I'm also experiencing the same issue.   Numbers part of the reject group receive ring back for 5 rings before eventually ringing the extension.

Thanks much.

You can block calls if they use a dial-peer for incoming calls (i.e...SIP Trunks or PRI).  FXO ports use a connection PLAR command which forwards the number without the use of a dial-peer.

matt.rohler
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to accomplish this on my UC540. I have followed the guide here

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a00803f818a.shtml#con13

However I have not had luck in getting my number blocked.

I am a new to the UC540 series and am a little confused on how to be sure my dial-peer is working on my T1 PRI.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: