Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2 WAN & UC 520

Hello, when I have buy UC 520 I have asked team of cisco if it's possible connect directly 2 WAN and answer it's yes.

But now I have product and I see don't have 2 WAN.

I have searched Router with 2 WAN I see Linksys RV042 & RV082. which it's better ? and do you have other model ?

I want use load-balancing by port:

Port 80 ADSL

Port 21 VDSL

5 Replies 5

Brandon Svec
Level 7
Level 7

Based on the ports you mentioned I assume you have a web server and ftp server?  Why not just assign DNS records like:

www.domain.com to ADSL IP address

ftp.domain.com to VDSL IP address

If you are talking about load balancing outbound traffic this way, then I don't know how you could do that..

Like you mentioned, you can also put a load balancing device in front of the UC520, but you will need to research the capabilities to make sure it does what you need.

-- please remember to rate and mark answered helpful posts --

I have problem with my IPS and for have more speed I receive Files by ADSL (but I'm limited send 2GB/month) and send by VDSL (but I limited receive 2GB). Now I used 2 modem and with Script I managed that. Now I have UC520 and I want connect 2 modem directly and add PPoE with rules... But UC520 don't have many rules for change value in PPoE protocols and support this system. and can't accept 2 PPoE in same WAN port. If I connect router directly UC520 don't have option for you give 2 IP and make load-balancing or bonding.

Now after 2 week search I see it's not possible. I will want buy Router support FireWall of Cisco and add 2 modem ADSL + VDSL -> Router with 128MB mapping. -> WAN UC520

Take a look at this document and let me know if it helps:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9423

Thanks,

Marcos Hernandez
Technical Marketing Engineer
Cisco Systems, Inc.

Yes it's exactly that, thanks. for activate that I have use telnet  ?

Yes, telnet or SSH to 192.168.10.1. Login using your credentials (defaults are cisco/cisco), and enter configuration mode to input commands by typing "configure terminal". Once done, exit config mode ("exit") and after you are satisfied with a good and tested config, do a "write mem".

Marcos