Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2 WAN & UC 520

Hello, when I have buy UC 520 I have asked team of cisco if it's possible connect directly 2 WAN and answer it's yes.

But now I have product and I see don't have 2 WAN.

I have searched Router with 2 WAN I see Linksys RV042 & RV082. which it's better ? and do you have other model ?

I want use load-balancing by port:

Port 80 ADSL

Port 21 VDSL

5 Replies 5

Brandon Svec
Level 7
Level 7

Based on the ports you mentioned I assume you have a web server and ftp server?  Why not just assign DNS records like:

www.domain.com to ADSL IP address

ftp.domain.com to VDSL IP address

If you are talking about load balancing outbound traffic this way, then I don't know how you could do that..

Like you mentioned, you can also put a load balancing device in front of the UC520, but you will need to research the capabilities to make sure it does what you need.

-- please remember to rate and mark answered helpful posts --

I have problem with my IPS and for have more speed I receive Files by ADSL (but I'm limited send 2GB/month) and send by VDSL (but I limited receive 2GB). Now I used 2 modem and with Script I managed that. Now I have UC520 and I want connect 2 modem directly and add PPoE with rules... But UC520 don't have many rules for change value in PPoE protocols and support this system. and can't accept 2 PPoE in same WAN port. If I connect router directly UC520 don't have option for you give 2 IP and make load-balancing or bonding.

Now after 2 week search I see it's not possible. I will want buy Router support FireWall of Cisco and add 2 modem ADSL + VDSL -> Router with 128MB mapping. -> WAN UC520

Take a look at this document and let me know if it helps:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9423

Thanks,

Marcos Hernandez
Technical Marketing Engineer
Cisco Systems, Inc.

Yes it's exactly that, thanks. for activate that I have use telnet  ?

Yes, telnet or SSH to 192.168.10.1. Login using your credentials (defaults are cisco/cisco), and enter configuration mode to input commands by typing "configure terminal". Once done, exit config mode ("exit") and after you are satisfied with a good and tested config, do a "write mem".

Marcos

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: