cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jumbo frames on SGE2000/SGE2000P

jeffgoris
Level 1
Level 1

According to the data from the old Linksys page for these products, the SGE2000/SGE2000P has "mini jumbo frame support (1600 bytes)". According to the data sheet from the new Cisco page these products have "jumbo frame support up to 10K". There is no other indication of max frame size in any other of the documentation I have read for these products including the reference guide.

I'm using these switches with an iSCSI SAN and I guess that a larger frame size could improve performance. Can someone please tell me the correct maximum frame (or MTU) size for these products?

Cheers,

Jeff.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

vmoopeung
Level 5
Level 5

SGE2000 supports jumbo frames up to 10K today. In fact, jumbo frames up to 10K are supported on all of the Small Business Smart and Managed Gigabit switches.

When you set Jumbo Frames on, on the SGE2000, it automatically sets the max MTU to 10K on all ports

After Global jumbo frame setting is done, it is applied to all ports. No additional configuration is needed.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

vmoopeung
Level 5
Level 5

SGE2000 supports jumbo frames up to 10K today. In fact, jumbo frames up to 10K are supported on all of the Small Business Smart and Managed Gigabit switches.

When you set Jumbo Frames on, on the SGE2000, it automatically sets the max MTU to 10K on all ports

After Global jumbo frame setting is done, it is applied to all ports. No additional configuration is needed.

Thanks for the very helpful reply. I've enabled jumbo frames and set the MTU to 9216 on all the SAN machine interfaces (the max my Intel gigabit adaptors support) and all is working well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card