Views
Helpful
Replies

UCM and calls redirected from UCCX

otn-cco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

On my CCM 4.1 box a call gets redirected to a hunt group via an IPCC 4 script. The hunt group members see on the phone display "forwarded for support" for example. Support being the display name configured in the CTI line display settings on my CTI route point in front of the hunt group.

This does not work on UCM6 and UCCX5. It works fine if i call directly to the CTI point but if the call hits the route point via a UCCX redirect then all i get is the caller id of the call.. I need the agents to see who the calls is forwarded for !

Any tips would be appreciated..

Matt.

4 Replies 4

s.jankowski
Level 4
Level 4

Each CTI port has a line appearance just like a regular phone. If you enter the line configuration for the port, there is an "Alerting Name" field that you can use to give the port a text name of your choice.

If you have multiple CTI ports for the same function, then you may want to add the same alerting name to them, so you see the same ID regardless of the calling port.

MARK BAKER
Level 4
Level 4

This is odd. I am using ucm7 and uccx7 and our phones show the alerting name of the CIT line instead of caller-id of the original caller. This was the case as well when we were using ucm6 and uccx5. We would rather have it work the way you have it working where it shoes the caller-id and apparently you would like to have it working the way we have it working.

You mentioned a UCCX redirect. Are you actually using a redirect in your script or are you using a consult transfer? We are using a consult transfer.

I would like to see how you have your script configured. Maybe we can swap scripts if they serve the same or similar function.

Our script accepts the call, plays a prompt and attempts to consult transfer to a hunt-group. It ocassionally retreives the call and plays another prompt up to 3 times before it plays a final prompt that gives the option to press 1 to leave a message where it is redirected to our voicemail system to the departments inbox.

Let me know if you would like to swap scripts.

Mark

Hi,

I ended up changing to a consult transfer which basically put me in the same boat as you are now.. Except in my case that is the desired result.. So if you change to a redirect you will probably find you start seeing the caller ID of the original caller..

Matt.

Matt,

Thanks for the update.

Did your script work correctly when you were using the redirect? I changed from consult transfer to redirect and it broke the script.

I assumed this was because the call was removed from UCCX control once the redirect was attempted. You may not have required the UCCX script to pull the call back if unsuccessful for queueing.

I would be interested in seeing your script with the redirect in it. Let me know if this is possible.

Thanks,

Mark