Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscoworks HUM UPMProcess down

cisabucho
Level 1
Level 1

Dear,

CiscoWorks HUM stopped polling devices and generating reports since 11 AM yesterday. I tried to run the configured poller again but I got this error:

"Cannot communicate with Poller Manager Service. Check whether the UPMProcess is down.". I read the release notes for HUM and issued pdexec UPMProcess from the cmd prompt and got this result:

"ERROR: cmd failed. Server reason: Application UPMProcess is not registered. All requests to operate on this application will be ignored."

what can I do to solve this problem?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

According to this, HUM is not installed on this server. If it used to be installed, it appears someone uninstalled it (or at least partially uninstalled it). Try reinstalling HUM.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please post the output of the pdshow command.

Dear JClarke,

I have attached the output of pdshow command.

regards,

Abebe A.

According to this, HUM is not installed on this server. If it used to be installed, it appears someone uninstalled it (or at least partially uninstalled it). Try reinstalling HUM.

I reinstalled HUM and tried to access it from the LMS portal but it gave me the error message that it could not connect to the database because UPMDbEngine process was down. I tried to restart this process using pdexec UPMDbEngine on the command line but it took forever to execute it. Then I uninstalled HUM completely and did a fresh install and that seems to solve the issue. Now HUM is working fine. Thank you very much for your help.

Abebe Amare

Systems Engineer, Vivacell

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: