cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Line appearances and missed calls

nixon1234
Level 1
Level 1

IN a unity 7 invironment we have some users who have others in their groups line appearances on their phone as well as their own line. The phone keeps track of missed calls for all lines which seems to confuse people thinking they have missed calls when in fact it is the other lines that have been called. Is there a way to avoid this or is it just the way it works?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi William,

This "new" feature is only available in CUCM 6.1(3) and the newly released 7.1(2). I'm guessing that you may be running a CUCM 7.0(x) version like 7.0(2).

It's very likely that the 7.0 build was being finalised before 6.1(3)was released, so this is why the feature is skipped in CUCM 7.0

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi William,

This is expected behaviour in all CUCM versions up until CUCM 6.1(3) and the newly released 7.1(2). In these two versions this "Missed Calls" logging can be changed to suit your needs;

Missed Calls

The Missed Calls feature allows the phone administrator to specify whether missed calls will get logged in the missed calls directory for a given line appearance. The following properties apply to the missed calls feature:

•The line can act as a directory number or shared line. The default behavior logs all missed calls on all lines.

•Missed call logging operates on a line basis. The line can act as a directory number or a shared line.

•If the administrator configures a line appearance (share or non-shared), so missed calls do not get logged, calls to that line never get logged in the missed call log directory, even if the calls eventually get forwarded due to no answer.

•If more than one line key gets configured on a phone, logging missed calls depends on the missed call log setting for each line.

•An on/off configuration parameter that is sent to the phone in the configuration file controls the missed calls logging.

•The missed calls log configuration does not affect any existing or previous call log items.

•Calls on lines that are not logged do not affect the New Missed Call status message.

•If the phone administrator turns off the missed calls feature on the configured line appearance, the missed calls do not get listed in the missed call history on that line appearance.

In addition to these properties, the following properties continue to apply to all calls:

•All calls that are received on a phone display in the Received Calls log, regardless of the line on which they were received.

•All calls that are made from a phone display in the Placed Calls log, regardless of whether they were placed from a shared or primary line.

The missed calls feature gets supported on the following phones that are running SCCP or SIP:

•Cisco Unified IP Phone 7906G

•Cisco Unified IP Phone 7911G

•Cisco Unified IP Phone 7931G

•Cisco Unified IP Phone 7941G

•Cisco Unified IP Phone 7941G-GE

•Cisco Unified IP Phone 7942G

•Cisco Unified IP Phone 7945G

•Cisco Unified IP Phone 7961G

•Cisco Unified IP Phone 7961G-GE

•Cisco Unified IP Phone 7962G

•Cisco Unified IP Phone 7965G

•Cisco Unified IP Phone 7970G-GE

•Cisco Unified IP Phone 7971G-GE

•Cisco Unified IP Phone 7975G

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/7_1_2/cucm-rel_notes-712.html#wp1244571

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/6_1_3/cucm-rel_note-613.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

This is great information! I have searched around on this a bit and I do not see where in call manager 7 I can disable this "feature"

Hi William,

This "new" feature is only available in CUCM 6.1(3) and the newly released 7.1(2). I'm guessing that you may be running a CUCM 7.0(x) version like 7.0(2).

It's very likely that the 7.0 build was being finalised before 6.1(3)was released, so this is why the feature is skipped in CUCM 7.0

Hope this helps!

Rob

Yes 7.0.1.21007-1

Thanks!!

Hey William,

You are most welcome buddy! This feature has been long sought after, and will make many, many users happy I think.

Cheers!

Rob