cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do i delete sub interfae on 3750 Metro switch without reload

dbellamkonda
Level 1
Level 1

We have ME-C3750-24TE switch with 12.2(25)EY2 and we need to delete the sub interface,, and even after deleting the interface configs ,, it wont go ,,,

Fa1/0/4.22 deleted down

i know one option we have is to relaod the switch but as the switch is in production,, just wanted to know other way to get rid of this sub interface.

thnx ,,

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

mahmoodmkl
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

I dnot think that there is any other way except a reload.

Thanks

Mahmood

View solution in original post

Reload only is the way ...

iyde
Level 4
Level 4

Hi.

If the config has disappeared from the runnning config, then it is actually deleted. What you see is that some info in the IDB (Interface Descriptor Block, as far as I remember) is still present, but it won't interfere with your network as such.

Only if you again start to configure a fa1/0/4.22 interface you have the possibility (risk) of having some old config that will be active again. If you want to avoid that, only a reload will fully remove a deleted interface.

HTH.

3 Replies 3

mahmoodmkl
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

I dnot think that there is any other way except a reload.

Thanks

Mahmood

Reload only is the way ...

iyde
Level 4
Level 4

Hi.

If the config has disappeared from the runnning config, then it is actually deleted. What you see is that some info in the IDB (Interface Descriptor Block, as far as I remember) is still present, but it won't interfere with your network as such.

Only if you again start to configure a fa1/0/4.22 interface you have the possibility (risk) of having some old config that will be active again. If you want to avoid that, only a reload will fully remove a deleted interface.

HTH.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: