Views
Helpful
Replies

Display the wep key in clear text on the WLC

severi
Level 1
Level 1

I have a WLC version 5.0.148.0.

There is a command to see the wep key in clear text?

Regards.

Mirko Severi.

7 Replies 7

dancampb
Level 7
Level 7

No

:(

Thanks.

Regards.

Mirko S.

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Did you lose your wep key?

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

yes, I lost the wep key.

regards.

Mirko S.

You still may be in luck. If anyone of your wireless clients used Windows Zero Config then simply run WZCOOK. Your WEP key is stored in the reg.

I created a video how to do it:

http://www.my80211.com/security-labs/2009/1/10/do-you-use-windows-zero-config-as-your-wlan-client-managemen.html

If you didnt use windows zero config, you can use Aircrack to break the key. Run Aircrack while downloading a ISO over wireless. You can get the key in a few minutes.

i hope this helps ...

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Thank a lot for your help.

Regards.

Mirko S.

no problem. if you need a hand breaking the key, contact me via the web site i will be happy to help. if you found this post helpful please rate it ...

thanks

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: