Views
Helpful
Replies

FXS Ports & 2811 MGCP Gateway

harris.h
Level 1
Level 1

Hello to all

I have a 2811 Gateway which has 5 FXSconnections into a dialogic card on windows server, which is running cti on the server,

anyway, when a channel is opened up from server to fxs, and the end station rings (7961) operating under call-agent CCM4.1(3),

All works fine but sometimes when the call is closed from the cti server, the 7961 still shows an active line???

If you look at the fxs port on the router, all appears normal, (port in ready state)

Does anyone have any ideas what may be causing this problem as it is very intermittent, is there any timers that can be tweaked??, can anyone guess at where the problem may lie.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Rich

3 Replies 3

Hi Rich,

What do you mean ready state? Idle, or S_CONNECT?

You need to look at show voice call summary and show voice port summary before and after the call is hung up.

I don't know of any issues of the voice port hanging up but the phone staying off hook in CUCM.

-nick

The details in summary are as follows:

1. Dialogic cards on Server calls FXS

2. FXS (2811)under MGCP CCM4.1 control answers call.

3. Dialogic hangs up call fxs shows state IDLE

PORT CH SIG-TYPE ADMIN OPER STATUS STATUS EC

============== == ============ ===== ==== ======== ======== ==

0/0/0 -- fxs-ls up dorm on-hook idle y

0/0/1 -- fxs-ls up dorm on-hook idle y

0/0/2 -- fxs-ls up dorm on-hook idle y

0/0/3 -- fxs-ls up

The Cisco 7961 shows call still active,

this will clear if you hook-flash the handset?

That said, this is an imtermittant problem.

Any offers/suggestions

Thanks

Rich

Hi Rich,

My only suspicion is a Callmanager communication problem. Check to make sure all of your clusters are in sync, and you may want to see if a reset of the callmanager service resets this problem also. 4.1 is known to have it's fair share of issues.

-nick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: