cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

blocking calling party id for messages

bocasierra
Level 1
Level 1

We need to set up an anonymous phone line for people to leave messages on. I've set up a translation pattern that changes the calling party number. When calls are routed to a phone, the translated number shows up. However, when calls are routed to voicemail, the original number shows on the message.

for example:

the anonymous line is dn 1234.

the translation pattern translates 1234 to 6789 and uses a "calling party translation mask" of 7777

the calling station is 5555 (this is the number I do NOT want to see)

I call 1234 from 5555. The call rings on 6789 and shows the calling party as 7777, which is what I want.

If the call is not answered, it goes to voicemail but the message shows a calling party of 5555.

4 Replies 4

parshah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

In the translation pattern 1234, instead of using mask, try and set "Calling Line ID Presentation" to restricted.

Thanks,

I tried that - when the call gets to Unity, the Unity call viewer still shows the original calling number - 5555. And the message says "from caller 5555"

Were you able to find a solution for this?  I have the exact same requirement from a client.  They want to be able to accept calls and voicemail completely anonymously.  Going through the translation pattern works for removing the caller info for calls, but when they reach voicemail Unity still shows the caller extension.

I need to remove this from being displayed for justthis one mailbox.

Thanks,

BC

I opened a TAC case and after Cisco investigated for several weeks, they came back with this response:

"The reason why Unity is exposing this information is due to the CgpnVoicemailBox set in the CallInfo message.  This is the calling party's voicemail box and is set when a voicemail profile is attached to the calling party's line/dn.  Unity uses this field to get the calling party's spoken name to include it in the envelope of the voicemail."

"What we've concluded is that this is currently working as designed.  There is a sev6 (enhancement) defect for Unity to respect the privacy indicator and display restrictions for calls.  This is an internal defect, CSCsq51739. "

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: