cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7914 Monitoring CCA 2.0

jtucker
Level 1
Level 1

We recently had to trasition to CCA 2.0 as we found a bug with upgrading from 48 to 62 users.  So having just made a backup in CLI, I am ready to test the new CCA.  The first, and hopefully simple question is, we have 2, 7960/14x2(2 each of the 7914 sidecars), and we want to enable line monitoring on them.  As it stands, if a line is in use, there is no LED indication on the 7914's, is there a way within CCA to enable this feature, and if so how?

Thanks for the assistance.

Jeremy

4 Replies 4

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

In CCA, you can setup the buttons to for watch and monitor to do exactly what you are looking for.  It is on the button configuration page in CCA.

Hey Steven,

I found that shortly after I posted this, however, do I have to configure all 33(well, 34, but button 1 is their own extension) buttons manually?  Is there not a way to simply tell all the lines to be monitored?

You do have to configure the monitoring manually.  Sorry about that.

No problem, so I just went through and modified all 34 buttons, and went to save it, received an error that pointed to the model of the phone drop down box.  Click on the drop down box and all it lists is the 7960, the 7960/14x2 are both missing.  We actually have a very simislar issue with the 7911, when we go to save any changes, the give an error about the model number.  However, we manually configured all the 7911's through the CLI and they work fine.  So, I guess the question is, why?  Guess I will have to configure these through CLI as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: