CCVP with CIPT 5.0

Unanswered Question
Jun 10th, 2009

Hi All,

There are lot of speculations going around me.I dont know what Cisco is doing about CCVP certifications,I have completed

CIPT 5.0 (642-445),(last year)

Cvoice 5.0 (642-432),(last year)

Qos 642-642

Soon in couple of days i will write TUC as well,

Now i dont know what i have to write GWGK alone is enough because 10 days before the person who wrote the above said 5 exams have got CCVP ceritfication but recently person who wrote GWGK have got an mail from cisco that if we are writing Gwgk then Cipt 4 is must ie one more they have to write that too before june 24.

This is the mail came from cisco to my colleague "On December 31, 2009 Cisco will formally retire the CCVP Cisco Unified CallManager 4.1 option path. As a result, the two (2) CCVP CallManager 4.1 option path exams, CIPT 4.1 #642-444 and GWGK #642-453, will no longer be available after that date.

If you have passed both of these exams, they will be accepted on the CCVP path instead of passing the CIPT1 6.0 and CIPT2 6.0 exams. If you have passed only one of these two CCVP CallManager 4.1 option path exams by December 31, 2009, it will not be accepted for CCVP certification because both exams must be passed to meet the requirements.

Our records indicate that you have completed at least one of these exams, but have not completed your full CCVP certification.

For the CIPT 4.1 #642-444 and GWGK #642-453 exams to count towards your CCVP certification:

* All candidates working towards a CCVP certification on the CCVP CallManager 4.1 option path must complete both the CIPT 4.1 and GWGK exams before they are retired on December 31, 2009. Completing the remainder of the CCVP CallManager 4.1 option path entails passing the QoS, TUC and CVOICE exams within three years of the date of your first CCVP exam passed, in addition to having valid CIPT 4.1 and GWGK exam passes.

* If both CIPT 4.1 and GWGK are not completed by December 31, 2009, candidates will be required to complete both the CIPT1 6.0 and CIPT2 6.0 exams, along with QoS, TUC and CVOICE within three years of the date of your first CCVP exam passed in order to achieve CCVP certification."

I send an mail to cisco no response till now even i called and opened an TAC case regarding this but they added some more confusion in that by saying "if you are writing CIPT2v6 thats enough no need to write GWGK" that remains 5 exam but is the Cipt2 v6 is the equal to GWGK is this the replacement.If iam writing CIPT2 v6 instead of writing GWGK then afterwards again Cisco ask me to write CIPT1 v6 means ??.Some days before in website it was displayed that CIPT 5.0 is also an option for getting CCVP certification if Cvoice 5.0 is valid for 3 years why not CIPT 5.0. Iam in a position of half crossed well.Can any one help me out.Please.

THanks in Advance,

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

This Discussion