cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

license file for LMS 2.6

didentx01
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone tell me how to license LMS 2.6. We installed LMS 2.6 on another Solaris 9 server. Migrated the data from the old server but when we tried to use the application, all modules are not licensed. How can we license LMS 2.6?

5 Replies 5

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You didn't mention pointing the new LMS to the LMS###########.lic that was used to license the original LMS 2.6.

That .lic file should look something like this (data below are bogus and for illustrative only, of course):

SERVER licenseServer abcd1234

VENDOR cisco

UPGRADE RME cisco 3.5 4.0 permanent 1 \

VENDOR_STRING=LMS25 HOSTID=ANY \

NOTICE="209182838231417131 \

135ABSDSB57" SIGN=A2SDSDSSDS56

UPGRADE IPM cisco 2.5 2.6 permanent 1 \

UPGRADE DFM cisco 1.2 2.0 permanent 1 \

UPGRADE CM cisco 3.3 4.0 permanent 1 \

didentx01
Level 1
Level 1

The original server is offline. The new server has the IP address of the old one.

Was data migration to the new box accomplished with "restorebakcup.pl" or another means?

How is LMS indicating "all modules are not licensed" on the new box?

The license file I was referring to can be obtained from Cisco again, if you don't have it handy:

"When you register your RME purchase on the product licensing area of Cisco.com, you will receive a license file. You must provide your PAK to receive a license file.

If you are a registered user of Cisco.com, get your license file from:

http://www.cisco.com/go/license

If you are not a registered user of Cisco.com, use this site to get your license file:

http://www.cisco.com/go/license/public

When you log into Cisco.com, it allows your Cisco user profile information to auto-populate many of the product registration fields. Login is case sensitive."

Yes we used the restorebackup.pl. We followed the instructions on how to migrate data from a old server to a new one. Everthing worked, but when I do a netshow or anything in the GUI, that requires running a job, it tells me that I have to license the applicaions. I will try that. Take the new server offline, bring-up old one, copy the license file to a different server, then bring the new one back on-line and license it. Thanks! I will see if this works.

Alternatively, if you can boot up the old server, without it connected to the network, you can find the license file in /opt/CSCOpx/etc/licenses/. It's the one with the .lic suffix.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: