BACD dial tone

Unanswered Question
Jun 10th, 2009

When using the BACD in drop through mode I get the US dial tone after the welcome greeting. Is there a way to configure this for swedish dial tone? Everything else in the system is set to swedish standards and working, it's only the BACD that do it US style.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Paolo Bevilacqua Wed, 06/10/2009 - 12:43

Which version of B-ACD are you using?

I cannot see it giving dialtone in the version that I'm familiar with and have somewhat improved.

Paolo Bevilacqua Wed, 06/10/2009 - 13:09

I've looked at and still I'm not sure where it is playing US dialtone.

If you are using drop-through to dial-by-extension, you should have silence after the "enter extension" prompt.

martnord05 Wed, 06/10/2009 - 13:22

Maybe I've missunderstood the concept but I'm using it like this: incoming call -> welcome to acme -> caller is sent out on a hunt list (dialtone) -> 15 sec later if no one answers -> all agents busy -> moh.

edit: The user wont have a choice, it's just a queueing mechanism.

Paolo Bevilacqua Wed, 06/10/2009 - 13:36

Ok, I think what you're calling dialtone, it's actually ringback tone. That is, while some phone is ringing, caller hears a tone lasting 2 seconds, with intervals of 4 seconds of silence. Correct ?

martnord05 Wed, 06/10/2009 - 21:30

Swedish. And swedish when I'm calling from the PSTN to the other extensions except the B-ACD, aa/queue service.

Paolo Bevilacqua Wed, 06/10/2009 - 21:55

Sorry, another check, if you call the hunt-group pilot number from an IP phone, which ringback tone ?

martnord05 Thu, 06/11/2009 - 07:11

I've only been connected remotely so I havnt had the possibility to test but they have the same "problem" internally it seems. Are there more to be done other than set user/network locale to swedish for the system to present the swedish ringback tone?

Paolo Bevilacqua Thu, 06/11/2009 - 09:30

This is a limitation then, calls to an hunt-group do not give the localized ringback tone.

You can contact your cisco representative to put in a feature request to change this behavior.

Please remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below.

This Discussion