Views
Helpful
Replies

Bridging between two routers

oleg090965
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all.

I need to configure bridge beetween router1 and router2.

----(192.168.1.250)--(router1)--a.b.c.d--(WAN)---x.y.z.w--(router2)--192.168.1.251

i configure tunnel between routers, but i don't understand how configure bridge group over tunnel interface.

Thank.

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Why do you need to configure bridging in first place ? That usually brings to trouble and more trouble.

I know this, but only bridging can help to work specific application in second network

Hi,

The below is the configuration

no ip rouiting

int fa 0/0

ip address x.x.x.x

ip bridge-group 1

int fa 0/1

ip add x.x.x.x

ip bridge-group 1

bridge 1 protocol ieee

Hope it helps

It is good, but i need bridge group on tunnel interface. on tunnel interface i have not this command. How router understand that packets from fa0/0 send to tunnel0?

interface Tunnel0

ip unnumbered FastEthernet0/0

tunnel source FastEthernet0/1

tunnel destination x.x.x.x

tunnel mode ipip

!

interface FastEthernet0/0

ip address 192.168.1.250 255.255.254.0

duplex auto

speed auto

!

interface FastEthernet0/1

ip address y.y.y.y 255.255.255.128

duplex auto

speed auto

Bridging is not supported on tunnels. If you really need to do this, you need to look at L2 VPN tecnologies, ut as has already been said, SIP and associated protocols are designed to work over routed networks. Yu need to figure out the real problem.

Please explain why only bridging can work.

In this configuratin, when SIP Proxy and ip rhones have diferent network, voice is not work. I think that bridge help us.

No, SIP is designed to work on routed networks. You have a different problem, either in network, or telephony devices.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card