Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lms Device Disovery not happening

In LMS 3.1.

device discovery is not happenning.

It says ANI server is down.I checked in process, it shows the status of ANI server as "failed to run". I tried to start,after 2-3 mins again status shows as "failed to run".

Please find the logs of ANI attached

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This error should not be possible with LMS 3.1. Confirm what version of Campus Manager you have.

i do have 3.0 version , pardon me for wrong information

Post the output of the pdshow command.

I am also having the same issue. When I run pdshow I am showing the following for the ANIServer

Process= ANIServer

State = Failed to run

Pid = 0

RC = -1

Signo = 1073741823

Start = N/A

Stop = 6/24/2009 6:09:42 AM

Core = Not applicable

Info = Application failed or was registered incorrectly.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can look at to get this going.

Start a new thread for your issue.

Thank you. I have a TAC case open and working directly with support.

As I found out in our case the file ANIServer.properties was corrupted. If you go to the install folder Program Files\CSCOpx\campus\etc\cwsi and look for this file you should see two files in the folder. If your file 1 does not look anything like the file 2 then yours is corrupted.

1) ANIServer.properties

2) ANIServer.properties.orig

We renamed the first to .old then copy the .orig and rename it by removing the copy of and the .orig.

You will then need to modify the ANIServer.properties file and add to the line

1) AniName=ANIServer6.0-

2) DEVICESROOT=C:\\PROGRA~1\\CSCOpx\\campus\\lib\\classpath

3) DEVICESPACKAGE=com.cisco.nm.ani.server.devices

LogMsg.logfile=C:/PROGRA~1/CSCOpx/log\\ani.log

Once you have done this then from a command prompt c:\> net stop crmdmgtd && net start crmdmgtd

Then c:\> pdshow

The cursor will just sit there until all processes are started. Once they are started and you are back at the c:\> _ then login to CW and go to CS and check to make sure the process is started.

This worked for me and it is now running.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: