cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX7 on Dell/Vmware

victor2008
Level 1
Level 1

We bought the UC7 NFR software for our lab. We have everything up in vmware, except UCCX7. When we try and install Cisco telephony OS, we fail the hardware check. So we installed win3k and then tried to install UCCX on top of that, but get hardware failure (non supported Cisco hardware). Is there a registery I can modify and input a cisco MCS server, so as to pass the hardware check? This is only for lab testing and we don't have an available MCS server.

Any comments or advise would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

2 Replies 2

ivillegas
Level 6
Level 6

UCCX is not supported on VMWARE.

Cisco Unified Contact Center Express (Cisco Unified CCX) Software and Hardware Compatibility Guide:

http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_compatibility/matrix/crscomtx.pdf

goranpilat
Level 3
Level 3

I installed UCCX on VMWare (workstation) successfully. Make sure to use windows provided with UCCX (2003.1.3), give it 2Gig memory and at least 80GB hard. Afterwards you can downgrade memory to 1Gig, works just fine

This should works, no registry hacks.

At the moment I'm struggling with HA UCCX on VMware :(

best regards

Goran Pilat

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: