Views
Helpful
Replies

7965 Speakerphone Volume

jaydien1358
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I have some users complaing about the speakerphone volume after upgrading from a 7960 to a 7965 model phone.

Users who have benn upgraded are all saying that the when previously using speakerphone on the 7960 phone, the volume of the speaker was much higher when turned all the wasy up as opposed to max volume of the 7965 speaker. General consensus is that it is too soft.

Is there any way to manually increase the gain for the speaker output in CLI for that 7965 ephone?

Thanks.

-Brian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

TAC would be able to create a Software Defect for the device regarding speaker volume.  This isn't going to be solved quickly, but perhaps new firmware could make the volume louder on the phone.  I cannot guarantee this will happen or happen quickly.  I would suggest that when you open the case, you specifically say how the volume on the two different products is noticable and unacceptable to the customer who would like it louder.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Skyler Spence
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Brian,

I did some informal comparisons with assistance from a team member and conclude that yes, the speakerphone max volume on the 7965 seems lower than the 7960.  However it does not seem to be so soft that it would be difficult to hear the other end, are you getting complaints from customers that they are unable to understand the far end?

To answer your question, there is not a CLI configuration for this setting.  The volume is determined from the phone load.  Perhaps you can check to make sure they are running the most current phone load, and if there exists a real concern you can contact TAC and ask to have an ehancement created.

Yes we are recieving some compalints.

They feel as though they cannot get the speakerphone loud enough in situations where there is a little backround noise in the office and they themselves have trouble hearing the call. In the past when using the 7961, the max volume was plenty loud.

They have also said that they feel that the handset volume is not as loaud as well.

If there are no settings to change on the phone or UC, what would a TAC technician be able to do in that case?

Thanks,

-Brian

TAC would be able to create a Software Defect for the device regarding speaker volume.  This isn't going to be solved quickly, but perhaps new firmware could make the volume louder on the phone.  I cannot guarantee this will happen or happen quickly.  I would suggest that when you open the case, you specifically say how the volume on the two different products is noticable and unacceptable to the customer who would like it louder.

Steve,

Thanks for your assistance. If this becomes more of a pressing issue, I will open up a TAC issue to get it resolved.

Thanks.

-Brian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: