Speed dial

Unanswered Question
Jun 11th, 2009
User Badges:

Hi all,

I have a question for the community.

In the "young brother" CME (starting from CME 4.0) to create a big number of speed dial exist a particularity feature called bulk speed dial (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmespeed.html#wp1033709) that permit to load 10 lists with 10000 records for it.

The user that need to call a number inserted in one of this list, need only to dial a prefix followed by the id list and the index number referred to the number inserted.

With this feature is easy and fast to create many speed dial.

I searched if there is something of similar in the "big brother" call manager, but I don't find anything. The only method that I find is to create many translation pattern but is significantly slower as compared with bulk speed dial in CME. Someone suggest to create CTI port or CTI Route Points (i don't remember) with CFA configured on the real number because can be inserted with BAT, so it's more fast but for me it's only a workaround of the problem.

So the question is this: in the Call Manager is there something of similar to bulk speed dial of Call Manager Express?

Thanks at all.

Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
Rob Huffman Sat, 06/13/2009 - 10:19
User Badges:
  • Super Blue, 32500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony, Unified Communications

Hi Danilo,

Sadly, the "big brother" Communications Manager does not have a built-in system wide Speeddial bulk method like CME. You are most correct that many people do use the TP config :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Actions

This Discussion