Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Strange IPSEC message on 2821 ISR

Hi everyone,

I have debug running on IPSec on my router, trying to isolate a tunnel drop problem, and the logs contain many lines with this message:

IPSEC(crypto_get_cm_handle_from_pak): Failed to create access pak subblock

Anyone know what this means? Thanks

6 Replies 6

auraza
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Best to get in touch with TAC for this. They should be able to look it up for you.

What version are you running?

Hi Auraza,

I will check with TAC, we are running Ver. 12.4(3f). Is this one know to have bugs?

Thanks,

Mitchell

Mitchell, that is a pretty old version. I would go ahead and upgrade if that is a possibility and see if that fixes the problem for you, in which case it would most likely point to a bug.

Hi, did you found what is the problem???

I have the same problem since 2 days. Before that everything worked fine!

I don't get any other debug logs from crypto... just this one:

IPSEC(crypto_get_cm_handle_from_pak):Failed to create access pak subblock

Pls help

To this day Cisco has not been able to say for sure what causes this message. It may be an IOS bug and it may be a hardware problem. In my situation we had other issues also, such as the VPN tunnel would drop and not come back until we did a reload on the router. I had to replace the router and also update the IOS to a newer release. The new router is running stable however we sometimes still get this error message

Hi, thanks for your reply. I find where my problem is. I use ADSL connection with ADSL modem in front of my Cisco.

I just restarted my ADSL modem and everything went fine :)

Regards,

Tihomir Yosifov

IT support