SRND of CUCM 6.x is talking about how to configure extension mobility redunduncy. i have configured them exactally as it mentioned in the document using Microsoft DNS Server. but even then redunduncy does not work. when i shutdown the publisher server then extension mobility also goes down. when i press the services button it just gets stuck at "requesting" and then in the end gives me error saying "host not found".
i have got CUCM 22.214.171.1240 Version
following are the changes implemented for this EM redunduncy to work
1. configured microsoft DNS server with a domain name called bashrebank.corp.network
2. configured hostname bb-agc-ccm-emrr under the above mentioned domain pointing to both the CUCM IP addresses. so the FQDN is bb-agc-ccm-emrr.bashrebank.corp.network
3. testing the name resolution through my pc and it resolved to both the server by doing ping and NSLOOKUP
4. changed the services URL IP Address in the enterprise parameters to FQDN.
5. configured the EM URL IP Address to FQDN
6. configured DHCP so that DNS server ip address could be assigned to IP phones.
7. reloaded the IP phones so that changes could take effect.
8. confirmed from IP phones web page that changes have taken effect in serives URL and DNS server.
9. restarted CUCM publisher and subscriber
10. removed the publisher ethernet cable for testing
11. but EM did not work it gave me error as it mentioned above.
Please tell me where i have gone wrong with this configuration.
thanks and regards