tarnhundal Fri, 06/12/2009 - 20:45
User Badges:

i have seen this document , actually i have to implement it on my core switch so plz tell me did u try this ? will this work fine ? there is one step in that delete the current file . after that will this work or not ?

Leo Laohoo Fri, 06/12/2009 - 18:25
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 LAN, Wireless

Standard IOS or Modular IOS?

tarnhundal Fri, 06/12/2009 - 20:35
User Badges:

actually not much sure . my requirement is that i have to implement some services like SLA which are not running on this IOS. I have to upgrade it on both 6513 and 7613. some times i m thinking abt SR but not sure . what u say abt it ?

Leo Laohoo Fri, 06/12/2009 - 23:45
User Badges:
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 LAN, Wireless

I am sure no one here will recommend that you upgrade to a specific IOS unless you really need to. Even more, no one will also recommend an upgrade without testing the firmware in a test environment.

I will not be able to answer your question but I will urge you to take it upon yourself to test the firmware and/or read the release notes for any potential pitfalls you might encounter.

You can also do some research through Cisco's Software Advisory and Bug Traq.

tarnhundal Sat, 06/13/2009 - 00:10
User Badges:

thanx dear. this is main concern thats by i m not upgarding my IOS. so i m bit afraid that while upgrading there may b some problems. i m afraid of downtime .

Leo Laohoo Sat, 06/13/2009 - 14:34
User Badges:
  • Hall of Fame,

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 LAN, Wireless

Do you have two Sup720 in a chassis?

tarnhundal Sat, 06/13/2009 - 22:24
User Badges:

yes . we have two sup engines . i have done redundancy between them

Leo Laohoo Sun, 06/14/2009 - 02:19
User Badges:
  • Hall of Fame,

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 LAN, Wireless

Copy the IOS to the master and secondary blade. Reboot the redundant blade and then reboot the primary blade.

tarnhundal Sun, 06/14/2009 - 02:25
User Badges:

i got it . means u r saying that i have to simply copy from tftp to file as we do with other devices . shud i need any other commands.

tarnhundal Sun, 06/14/2009 - 02:38
User Badges:

i got it . means u r saying that i have to simply copy from tftp to file as we do with other devices . shud i need any other commands.

Leo Laohoo Sun, 06/14/2009 - 14:47
User Badges:
  • Hall of Fame,

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 LAN, Wireless

Catalyst 6000/6500 Series Switches with Redundant Supervisor Engines Software Image Upgrade Configuration Example

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_configuration_example09186a0080a98f3c.shtml#native

Hope this helps.

tarnhundal Sun, 06/14/2009 - 20:52
User Badges:

i m unable to access this page.can u plz send me this page after downloading it .

thanx,

tarn

Actions

This Discussion