cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS upgradation on 6513 switch

tarnhundal
Level 1
Level 1

hi everyone! plz help me to upgrade the IOS of 6513 swich. Recent IOS version is 12.2(18)SXF7. I have two sup engines 720 series.

13 Replies 13

mahmoodmkl
Level 7
Level 7

i have seen this document , actually i have to implement it on my core switch so plz tell me did u try this ? will this work fine ? there is one step in that delete the current file . after that will this work or not ?

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Standard IOS or Modular IOS?

actually not much sure . my requirement is that i have to implement some services like SLA which are not running on this IOS. I have to upgrade it on both 6513 and 7613. some times i m thinking abt SR but not sure . what u say abt it ?

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am sure no one here will recommend that you upgrade to a specific IOS unless you really need to. Even more, no one will also recommend an upgrade without testing the firmware in a test environment.

I will not be able to answer your question but I will urge you to take it upon yourself to test the firmware and/or read the release notes for any potential pitfalls you might encounter.

You can also do some research through Cisco's Software Advisory and Bug Traq.

thanx dear. this is main concern thats by i m not upgarding my IOS. so i m bit afraid that while upgrading there may b some problems. i m afraid of downtime .

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have two Sup720 in a chassis?

yes . we have two sup engines . i have done redundancy between them

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Copy the IOS to the master and secondary blade. Reboot the redundant blade and then reboot the primary blade.

i got it . means u r saying that i have to simply copy from tftp to file as we do with other devices . shud i need any other commands.

i got it . means u r saying that i have to simply copy from tftp to file as we do with other devices . shud i need any other commands.

Catalyst 6000/6500 Series Switches with Redundant Supervisor Engines Software Image Upgrade Configuration Example

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_configuration_example09186a0080a98f3c.shtml#native

Hope this helps.

i m unable to access this page.can u plz send me this page after downloading it .

thanx,

tarn

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco