Views
Helpful
Replies

Antispam Plugin Issue for Lotus Notes w/ Solution

HirohitoUsui
Level 1
Level 1

Background:
We have a case open with Ironport due to some Spam issues we are currently experiencing and I wanted to use the current version of the plugin instead of the customized one our company has developed into our template.

I was trying to install the plugin but the Plugin would not appear on the Action menu. After some troubleshooting I found out why.

Issue:
We use a custom install location for the setup of the Lotus Notes Client. During the install, after selecting the correct location of the Notes.ini, the installer updated the notes.ini with the parameters to run the plug-in. But the menu actions did not appear as expected.

Solution:
After investigation, I found the dll files for this plugin were copied to the default Lotus Notes install location (C:\Program Files\Lotus\Notes) instead of the "NOTESPROGRAM" directory assigned in our notes.ini. After copying the dll files to our customized install directory, the issue was resolved.

So for others who have the same issue, you know how to fix it.

Follow-Up:
Ironport, if you could get someone to investigate this, it would prevent future issues with your plugin.

2 Replies 2

steven_geerts
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Husui,

Thanks or posting this useful information!

Steven

karlyoun
Level 1
Level 1

Follow-Up:
Ironport, if you could get someone to investigate this, it would prevent future issues with your plugin.

Thank you for the detailed report. I have filed defect #9107 for this issue. I'll also see that this gets added to our knowledge base.