cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"Database Communication Error" after changing IP address of UCM 7.0.2

rravish
Level 1
Level 1

Getting "database communicaation error" when trying to login to UCM via web after IP address change..We are running Cisco Unified CM Administration System version: 7.0.2.20000-5 ..Pls assist.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

parshah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Do you know what was on the System > Server page in CCMAdmin before you changed that IP address?

If you have IP address there, than you will need to change the OS IP address back to original one, log into the server and change it in the System > Server page first for all the servers whose IP you will be changing and then change it in the OS.

If you had host name there, than you need to make sure that you have updated the entry for the CUCM servers in the DNS servers and the change has propagated fine.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

parshah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Do you know what was on the System > Server page in CCMAdmin before you changed that IP address?

If you have IP address there, than you will need to change the OS IP address back to original one, log into the server and change it in the System > Server page first for all the servers whose IP you will be changing and then change it in the OS.

If you had host name there, than you need to make sure that you have updated the entry for the CUCM servers in the DNS servers and the change has propagated fine.

Thanks,

does it mean there is no way for us to change CUCM to new hostname or IP without getting database communication error ?

Hi there, I have a similar issue.

I have CUCM 7.0.2a I changed the Hostname using the set network hostname for the publisher, ( I use IP in System/server ) and I change the Set / IP / Publisher on all subscriber but the database is not working anymore. Actually, If I connect to rtmt, it can see the subscribers.

I had an odd issue and i could not get the subscribers to resync the database when I was done with 7.02. I tried every command, every reboot. I ended up upgrading to 7.1.2 and it fixed it. Not exactly sure.

For your example, make sure you did the System server in the GUI FIRST, then do the CLI command to change. If you did it in reverse, the A Cisco DB will not start. You will have to change it back to the original name and IP address, then do it again.

ok, super, my problem is same thing but with hostname.... I will let you know

thanks

If you are using DNS, of course, make sure you have the name resolving correctly.

check out the tools in this doc.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/7_1_2/ipchange/ipchg712.html

Many thanks! I had did the following:

Changed IP address in OS

rebooted

Changed hostname

rebooted

Then my A Cisco DB would not start (no login to the GUI). nothing would work.

Changed it back to the original IP address and rebooted.

I could now log in again.

Changed the IP in the System\server first, then the OS

rebooted.

works perfect. THanks the help!!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: