Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Time to retry to send email

Hi everybody. One of our clientes has exchange servers and sometimes these has problems to send email to clients so they reply the email to ironport. Do you know in how much time Ironport try to send the email again to Exchange?, and where could I change it?. I don't find it.

Thank you in advance.
Best regards
Samuel

3 Replies 3

tr4nc3_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,
I really don`t remember right now the time that Ironport retries to send the emails, but you can use the delivernow command on CLI.

steven_geerts
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Samuel,

I’m not sure if this is really what you are looking for since your question is quite cryptic. (At least to me)
You can configure “bounce profiles” and, of course there is a default bounce profile. With a bounce profile you can configure the amount of time a message stays in queue in Ironport, the retry frequency and the delay reports you want to use (if any).
You find this option under the “Network” tab, option “Bounce Profiles”.
If you like you can define a new bounce profile for your Exchange system. If you do so, you can create a destination control that utilizes the bounce profile you created.
To do so you open the “Mail Policies” tab, option “Destination Controls”.
Please note that you assign a destination control to a target e-mail domain so if your customer uses more that one domain you have to create a destination control for each of those domains, (all using the same bounce profile).

Hope this helps.

Steven

Thank you Steven, I think this is what i'm looking for.

Best regards
Samuel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: