cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issues with Wireless Carts using Citrix client

Victor Fabian
Level 1
Level 1

has anybody experienced issues with laptops that have a citrix client installed and it keeps losing the connection.

Thank you

Vic

3 Replies 3

weterry
Level 4
Level 4

Once upon a time I ran into a problem like this as well. There ended up being some kind of keep-alive settings.

I think this is similiar to what I experienced:

http://support.citrix.com/article/ctx105717

That article mentions a keepalive configuration for the ICA Client. I thought it was a global keepalive setting that I had used, but it may have been client side.

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Vic is your wireless client losing connection?

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

You need to make sure that citrix has persistent configured. His will prevent you client from loosing the session. I have seen this issue in many hospital environments. Bad coverage in rooms, interference from microwave ovens in nursing areas and from 2.4ghz or 5ghz wireless phones. Of course it also could be an issue with client cards or even network configuration. Any glitch with citrix and or even telnet applications will dissconect the user from their session. There are also other vendors that have persistent client software that you can use.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card