Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade from 5.1.3 to 7.0.2 - Remote Source - Cannot Find Upgrade Files

Bryan Geoghan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have 3 servers. I have got the 7.x upgrade software installed on the inactive partition of the two local severs using the DVD method.. The third sever is remote so I am using my SFTP server. I pulled the contents off the DVD and put them in a directory.

When I point the 3rd server to it, it connects but cannot find the upgrade. It gives me this message:

The directory was located and searched but no valid options or upgrades were available. Note, a machine cannot be downgraded so option and upgrade files for previous releases were ignored.

Any ideas? I do have a file with the .sgn extension in the set of files.

1 Reply 1

bigcappa1
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I think you are just going to ship the upgrade disk you recieved to the remote siteand get someone to stick it in the drive. I had this issue when going from 5.1.3c to 7.0.2. Fortunatly I was local to all the servers.

From the release notes

Upgrading from Unified CM 5.1(3) or Earlier

The following message displays when you attempt to upgrade from Unified CM 5.1(3) or earlier by using

an SFTP/FTP server installed on Windows,

“The directory was located and searched but no valid options or upgrades were available. Note, a

machine cannot be downgraded so option and upgrade files for previous releases were ignored.”

To correct this problem, perform the following steps.

Step 1 Use an SFTP server installed on UNIX/LINUX.

Step 2 Burn the unzipped directory to a DVD and perform a local DVD upgrade.

a. For example, if you upgrade from 5.1.3 to 7.0.2, unzip cisco-ipt-k9-patch7.0.2.10000-12.sgn.zip.

A new directory, cisco-ipt-k9-patch7.0.2.10000-12, now exists.

b. Copy this entire directory to the DVD.

c. F rom the "Software Installation/Upgrade" option, select DVD/CD as the source.

This is of course assuming your SFTP server is a windows version

HTH

Thanks

Paul