Helpful
Replies

adaptive seurity appliance(ASA)

sarahr202
Level 5
Level 5

Hi every body!

I have few questions.

My book says" ASA hardware can act as a firewall,in other security roles,and in a combination of roles."

what are those roles as indicated by" other security roles and in combination of roles " in the above excerpt ?

Thanks a lot and have a nice weekend!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

sdoremus33
Level 3
Level 3

I think what they are refering to

ASA hardware can act as a firewall,in other security roles,and in a combination of roles."

They are talking about using the ASA in multi-context mode where obv an ASA device can act as multiple security devices in there own execution space to partition customer traffic.

View solution in original post

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Sarah,

in addition to the multi context capabilities the ASA has extended capabilities:

it can act as a VPN concentrator

it can act as an IDS

So I think the writer could refer with roles with FW role, IDS role and so on.

see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa80/configuration/guide/intro.html#wp1043760

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

sdoremus33
Level 3
Level 3

I think what they are refering to

ASA hardware can act as a firewall,in other security roles,and in a combination of roles."

They are talking about using the ASA in multi-context mode where obv an ASA device can act as multiple security devices in there own execution space to partition customer traffic.

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Sarah,

in addition to the multi context capabilities the ASA has extended capabilities:

it can act as a VPN concentrator

it can act as an IDS

So I think the writer could refer with roles with FW role, IDS role and so on.

see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa80/configuration/guide/intro.html#wp1043760

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card