Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Update UC520-7.0.3 Bug when I upload by interface CCA 2.0

Hello, I have downloaded all files for make update and read manual but when I send uc500-advipservicesk9-mz.. after 35% I have error and it's writed: Fatal Error please contact cisco...

and same for CME I have error after 5%.

I have by port console formated Flash Card. But in Telnet I have problem for send by TFTP Files.

It's possible with USB reader CARD CF copy directly files inside ?

9 Replies 9

If you have an empty flash, and your UC500 booted off of it, then your UC500 is in rommon mode. Take a look here, for a procedure on how to recover from this situation:

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/message/8126#8126

Thanks,

Marcos

Hello, I have readed this manual 20080923 - Mise à jour et francisation de l'UC500

and for make update I have formated CF for upload files inside but now my UC520 refuse start I have tested in other US520 CF and same problem who format and add char ascii 200d c8h in name of CF...

When your format the flash card, make sure you specify a FAT filesystem - not FAT32.  FAT32 isn't recognised by the bootloader.

Cheers,

Dave.

I have format with UC520 and terminal

UCC520#format flash:

Format : All system sectors written. OK ....

Format of flash: complete

UCC520#show flash:

No files on device

And after I have sended by TFTP files inside. But don't want uploads files over 35%.

Too day I have power Down and UC520 have restarted but dosen't want start and make self start. I have all LED of PoE it's green. And I can't enter with console port...

any idea for solve problem ?

if I add CF in reader card I see FAT16 (date 31-12-1979)

---

And how Uploads updates 262Mb zipped files in CF have 128Mb ?

David Harper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Formatting on the UC500 is fine as well.  The key file in allowing the UC500 to boot correctly is the main firmware image - uc500-advipservicesk9-mz.124-20.T2 or similar.  If you have that file on the flash card, then the UC500 should boot ok.

Are you saying that when you copied the file across using TFTP, you were only able to transfer 35% of the file?  Or is there a different problem.

Can you show me a directory listing of the flash card - taken either from another UC500 or from a PC using a flash reader?  Try to ensure that you get the file sizes displayed as well.

If you were having problems copying the file using TFTP for whatever reason, you can copy the files on to the flash card manually using a PC and CF card reader, but as I said, the key file you need is the firmware image.  Once you have that, you should be able to use CCA to do a proper firmware upgrade on the UC500 which will make sure all the phone firmware files and the voicemail application files are applied properly.

Cheers,

Dave.

Wow my UC520 start I will test one more time if I can update now I have 100Mb free in card

When I make update I have Backups CUE start and all time I have message are failed. And if I will want reset to factory I have this message

UC520 dose not meet minimum requirement for reset to factory default

I Have installed Windows XP with FAT32 and NTFS and impossible make backup I have all time message you don't have permission for write.

Backup Failed. See log for more details. Where are logs ?

I have founded problem:

if you use Virtualbox http://www.virtualbox.org/

your software dosen't work correctly

Same problem with Parallel. I have install BootCamp and work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: