Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA-2100 Recovery Tool

lirone
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I see that there is a recovery tool for SPA2102 do you have it for SPA2100, we have some units we may be able to revive

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Born
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi lirone,

I've attached the recovery tool for you.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

View solution in original post

Hi lirone,

The SPA2100 firmware is attached here: https://www.myciscocommunity.com/message/7915#7915

WRT line2, have you tried resetting the SPA2100?

What happens if you attach a phone to it, does the hook status change?

If you're not using line2, don't concern yourself over its state.

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Patrick Born
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi lirone,

I've attached the recovery tool for you.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

Thanks, I was able to upgrade btw can you attach the 3.3.14 bin file I only have the 3.3.9

The box on line 1 is fully working and registered but line 2 is still blinking with no phone attach to the port

on the web interface on port 2, I can see Hook State:Off

Any idea ?

Hi lirone,

The SPA2100 firmware is attached here: https://www.myciscocommunity.com/message/7915#7915

WRT line2, have you tried resetting the SPA2100?

What happens if you attach a phone to it, does the hook status change?

If you're not using line2, don't concern yourself over its state.

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

I try to reset but still not working the light is always on

when putting a phone it's blinking so I deactivate the port

BTW do you know how to revive a spa2102 that have the power light red then green and again red green ... ?

If I connect a computer I don't get any IP, also if I put a phone and do **** I don't get the voice

BR

Hi lirone,

Perhaps the unit is faulty.

WRT the SPA2102, you need to run the recovery utility in order to attempt to recover the device from SOS mode.

The tool is attached to the following thread:

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/message/7945#7945

Regards,

Patrick

------------

I have a SPA-2100 with firmware 3.1.2(b).  I can access the device via the web configuration and also the IVR.  However, I am unable to configure the device beyond the WAN, LAN, and other basic router settings.  It's as if the VOIP components have been neutered.  When I go to the Voice --> System page, all I get is a field for setting the user password.  I've tried different web browsers to see if it makes a difference (IE, FF, Safari, Chrome) and none of them work.  I tried upgrading the firmware to 3.3.14 via the utility, but it never initiates.  Also, when the utility pulls info off of the router all the fields are blank (Serial Number, MAC Address, etc.).  I've included screenshots  for both the Web Configuration page and the firmware upgrade utility.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

Hi thaixstyle,

This appears to be a SPA2100 that has been locked down by a service provider. There's nothing that you can do aside from asking the original service provider to open access to the device.

Try access the device's integrated voice response [IVR] as follows:

1. Connect an analog phone [2-wire connection, not 4-wire] to the phone port

2. Power up the SPA2100, wait about 20 seconds

3. Go off-hook, don't listen for dial tone, dial **** [four asterisks / stars] [dialing these **** should take about 2 seconds, not super fast, nor very slow]

4. Listen for the "... configuration menu ..." If you can access this, try a factory reset [73738#]

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

Thanks for the reply.  What indicates that this device is locked down?  Are locked devices unable to have the firmware updated?  I can access the IVR and use option 877778 and it will reset it back to defaults.  However, if I try to do a factory reset, it requires a password.  I understand if the device is locked, but would that prevent the utility from updating the firmware too?  I bought this off eBay and it seems like it's just an expensive brick now.  Also, I have no problem accessing the "advanced" configuration--it's just that there's nothing to configure once I switch to it.  Thanks.

Hi thaixstyle,

When a service provider configures a device, they can control what parameters are displayed by the web-ui. They then protect the configuration with a password for which there is no backdoor.

Your SPA2100's web-ui although in admin mode, does not show any of the configuration parameters to modify the device's behavior, this is why made me write that the device appears to be locked down.

When provisioned this way, only the service provider can update the device's firmware.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

Thanks fo the info.  I guess I just bought myself a nice fance brick.  Anyhow, I'll try to contact the seller to see if they can at least tell me what provider this came from and if I can get it unlocked, even if I have to pay a little.  Thanks for the help.

HI

I have similar problem, just started yesterday.

My Spa2100 was working fine upto yesterday, but today it is not getting IP.

I can connect throug IVR and have done the factory reset, after check ip it is coming as 0.0.0.0

LED for the WAN(blue port) is not comming on.

Trired to connect to web ui failed, not able to connect or get ethernet ip for PC  from spa2100.

Tried the recovery tool, it say device not find, as can not get IP from the device.

May be I am using recvory tool not properly, if any one can help.

Thanks

Sajjad

Hi Sajjad,

There was no need to perform a factory reset. I'd guess that your network's DHCP server is not responding the the device's DHCP DISCOVER.

The recovery utility will not work if the SPA2100 is not properly connected to the network.

Suggestions to troubleshoot this:

• Identify what device is the DHCP server for the WAN port
  • Verify that DHCP server is receiving the DHCP DISCOVER [watch for VLANs and routers between the DHCP server and the SPA2100]
  • Verify that the network is known-good. Don't assume that a network cable that was working yesterday is still functional today. Don't assume that a link LED lighting up indicates that the link is good, swap out the cable with a known-working cable.

How are you checking the SPA2100's IP address? 110 [WAN], or 210 [LAN]?

I don't have access to a SPA2100 at the moment, but I believe that the LAN port defaults to 192.168.0.1

Try connecting your PC to the LAN port and enable DHCP on your PC's interface, does it pick up an IP address? If so, try connect to the SPA2100.

If the PC does not receive a dynamic IP address, configure one manually, for example 192.168.0.2 and then attempt to connect to the SPA2100's web-ui with http://192.168.0.1

The WAN interface will probably be shut off now that you have performed a factory reset. Enable the interface with:

1.  **** [IVR]

2. 201# [WAN interface]

3. 1 [enable]

Good luck,

Patrick

----------

Suggestions to troubleshoot this:

• Identify what device is the DHCP server for the WAN port 

Dlink Router set on DHCP and it giving IP fine to PC when it is connected to rounter directly, check all port works fine and test all cable with tester are OK

• Verify that DHCP server is receiving the DHCP DISCOVER [watch for VLANs and routers between the DHCP server and the SPA2100]

Not sure what you mean here?

• Verify that the network is known-good. Don't assume that a network cable that was working yesterday is still functional today. Don't assume that a link LED lighting up indicates that the link is good, swap out the cable with a known-working cable.

All cable and ports on the router is tested with other decive, Laptop and Lan cable tester

How are you checking the SPA2100's IP address? 110 [WAN], or 210 [LAN]?

I don't have access to a SPA2100 at the moment, but I believe that the LAN port defaults to 192.168.0.1

Try connecting your PC to the LAN port and enable DHCP on your PC's interface, does it pick up an IP address? If so, try connect to the SPA2100.

If the PC does not receive a dynamic IP address, configure one manually, for example 192.168.0.2 and then attempt to connect to the SPA2100's web-ui with http://192.168.0.1

Tried both, WAN does not get IP from DHCP router, LAN deos not give IP to PC if connected directly, ALSO tried to assingn IP manually and try to connect Failed. For some reason, the connection LED on the WAN port does not light even the Cable is connected, LAN port connection LED light up ORANGE with the cable is connected to it, as it should be. Therefore I thought the firmware might be corrpted, but sure how to update?

The WAN interface will probably be shut off now that you have performed a factory reset. Enable the interface with:

1.  **** [IVR]

2. 201# [WAN interface]

3. 1 [enable

Tried it saved but still led will not come one? Where can i get full IVR code list?

Hi,

Not sure what you mean here?

patrick: I meant that you can use a sniffer, such as WireShark to view network traffic between the SPA2100 and the DHCP server. In a normal environment, when all is working properly, you should see a DHCP DISCOVER being broadcast to the LAN. The DHCP server should then unicast a DHCP OFFER to the SPA2100

I put together a list of IVR codes that I could locate: https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-8195

Regards,

Patrick

----------

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: