Views
Helpful
Replies

Question: ACE FT Track Interface

pingwarrior
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have two ACE appliances installed with HA configuration. I have 5 vlans (Vlan1, Vlan2, Vlan3, Vlan4 and Vlan5) come from 1 trunk interface. I have 1 ADMIN context and 1 PRODUCTION context. I have configured FT Interface, FT Group and FT Peer in ADMIN context only. I have allocate Vlan1 in ADMIN Context only and assign VLAN2, VLAN3, VLAN4 and VLAN5 for PRODUCTION context. The L3 Interface of VLAN2, VLAN3, VLAN4 and VLAN5 are all configured in PRODUCTION context.

My question is how can I track the interface for VLAN2, VLAN3, VLAN4 and VLAN5? Should I configure FT Track Interface in ADMIN context or configure FT Track Interface in PRODUCTION context so that any VLAN interface down will trigger the failover.

Appreciate who can help me on this question. Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The FT group can't be configured in a non-Admin context.

switch/User2(config)# ft gr?

% invalid command

All FT groups MUST be configued in Admin and allocated in Admin to a context.

ft group 112

peer 1

peer priority 90

associate-context User2

inservice

switch/Admin#

The only FT commands inside a context are :

switch/User2(config)# ft ?

auto-sync Enable auto sync

track Configure Fault Tolerance tracking for switchover

switch/User2(config)# ft

And, yes, if tracking configured in a context will reduce priority to its associated group configured in Admin.

Gilles.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you have to create in Admin a new FT group.

You then assign this group to the PRODUCTION contect.

Then, inside the production context you can configure the ft track interface command.

Gilles.

Hi Gdufour,

Thanks for your guidance. According to your explanation, does that means that I only need to configure FT Group in ADMIN context while there is no FT Group in PRODUCTION context. Then, I configure FT Track Interface in PRODUCTION context only so that the priority in FT Track Interface will be reduced in the FT Group in ADMIN context to trigger failover? Am I correct?

The FT group can't be configured in a non-Admin context.

switch/User2(config)# ft gr?

% invalid command

All FT groups MUST be configued in Admin and allocated in Admin to a context.

ft group 112

peer 1

peer priority 90

associate-context User2

inservice

switch/Admin#

The only FT commands inside a context are :

switch/User2(config)# ft ?

auto-sync Enable auto sync

track Configure Fault Tolerance tracking for switchover

switch/User2(config)# ft

And, yes, if tracking configured in a context will reduce priority to its associated group configured in Admin.

Gilles.

Hi Gdufour,

Cool. You really did a great help. Appreciate that

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: