cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VG224 unregistering in CUCM6

rynard.coetzee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys ,i have a VG224 added as a MGCP gateway in CUCM6 ,but the VG`s will work 100% for about a week and then just unregister from CUCM ,i have to then reboot the gateway to get it to re-register with CUCM ,i use the VG ports for fax machines ,any ideas ?

5 Replies 5

There were some problems like this in earlier 12.4T codes. If you're between on 12.4 mainline, or between 12.4(2)T and 12.4(15)T2 or so, you'll probably want to move to 12.4(15)T9 or a 12.4(20)T or later release.

If you're on a later release, then you may want to open a TAC case to investigate.

-nick

Hi nic ,thanks for the reply ,i am running 12.4(11)XW2 on the VG`s ,will i need to upgrade ?

And to the other guy that responded ,i will unfortunately not be able to upgrade to CUCM7 yet ,as the CUCM6 system was just recently installed and we are still trying to get it stable.

Hi Rynard,

I would do as Nick says and upgrade the IOS. I have had a similar problem in CM7 as well as CM6 and both were resolved with an IOS upgrade.

Cheers

Stafford

Thanks guys ,i will upgrade the IOS and report back in a while .

susanto.liu
Level 1
Level 1

I was same experience like You, using CUCM 6.

Try using CUCM 7.0, it's Work!

Refrence "Cisco Unified Communications Manager Software Compatibility Matrix"

I think the probelm is CDP version.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: