Views
Helpful
Replies

load on 6513 and 7613

tarnhundal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ALL ,

I have a problem here ? Plz help me to sort out this. I have 6513 switch in my core location which is connected to 7613 router. Router has many WAN links with MPLS and p2p connectivity. If i have load on network like when there is Video conference session then i m getting too much delay from our LAN. It doesnt matter if i ping from my pc or from 6513. In same case if i ping from 7613 then there is no delay. When i checked the interfaces both on router and switch connected to each other , there are drops and also tx and rx load is high. My MPLS connectivity is on router with 10 Mbps link. I m having delay only on those locations which are connected with MPLS . Other locations which are on p2p link , those are working fine. I have changed all my modules and interfaces on both devices but no results. I m doubtful abt my ISP's MPLS . My ISP is BSNL. and BSNL provide us different IP for peering with them on MPLS. We are on private AS peering with Public AS. Now when i tried to ping from router to all locations of MPLS with different source IP then there is also delay on router .so what i saw that when i use source of my own network then i m getting delay but when i use provider's IP as source then there is no problem in latency. Sometimes it seems to me as MPLS problem ,coz there are also big number of drops on this MPLS interface and tx and rx load is high. One very important point is that there are also drops and high tx and rx load on all remote locations which are connected to MPLS.

so plz help me to rectify this issue, its very urgent to me.

thanx and regards,

Tarn

11 Replies 11

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Tarn,

is the Video Conference using multicast traffic ?

Have you implemented ip multicast routing on your WAN links ?

If so are you using PIM dense mode or pim sparse mode?

There is a huge amount of traffic on the WAN links and one possible cause is unwanted multicast traffic propagated over them.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

hi dear, yes i have implemented multicast with sparse dense mode.

Hello Tarn,

check the multicast routing table and the rp mapping for the groups on use: it behaves like dense mode if there is no RP for a group.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

actually i have imlemented sparse dense mode then what i saw now that multicast routing table shows dense mode enabled .then now my group 239.1.1.1 is appearing with other group 224.0.1.40 .but i have mentioned static RP then shud this appear here or not ?

regards,

Tarn

As i told u there is already a static RP but i m bit doubtfull abt provider's conf. they may change some thing in their network .even i have given all my conf templates to them regarding QOS and multicast. so what u think abt this issue ?

regards,

Tarn

Hello Tarn,

the presence of group 224.0.1.40 is a clear sign of autoRP: the service provider may be running a dynamic RP mapping service using autoRP Cisco protocol.

However, Cisco routers usually build entries for groups 224.0.1.29 and 224.0.1.40 by default so this can be a problem or not.

Be aware that dynamic mapping overrides static mapping so this can explain why group 239.1.1.1 is now seen as dense mode !

or also if you have used an ACL in the ip pim rp address command verify that the group is permitted by the ACL

sh ip pim rp mapping tells you what is happening in your network.

Other problems may occur like users using aggressive peer-to-peer (you can check this with ip accounting)

As Paolo wrote you have a lot of interesting activities possible in your network.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

yes u may b right , this could be the case. i have implement static RP with acl. i m also doubtfull abt QOS strategy of provider's core network.in mapping it shows now static RP. i have changed PIM sparse-dense to only sparse mode.

thanx nad regards,

Tarn

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

First of all sorry if I don't answer to your question directly.

It seems like you have a complex, business-critical network made of very expensive devices and links. You should also have some professionally qualified person looking after it, level CCIE and corresponding experience.

For this reason is absolutely pointless to stress urgency on this forum, that is just a venue of professionals giving free advice, that may or may not resolve your issues, but cannor replace PROFESSIONAL AND PAID FOR SUPPORT.

no need to sorry brother! i know all these things. i m also preparing for CCIE. i know all these things abt support but the main thing is that i have to do something to sort out this issue. can u help me in this ?

regards,

Tarn

No, I'm sorry if I seemed harsh.

With this kind of problems you will have your hands full.

Sorry can't help more, good luck.

tarnhundal
Level 1
Level 1

hi All,

Atlast i have solved this issue. actually this was problem with routing. all the routes were coming with different path and going with different path in provider's network. here in core it all seems to be fine .by luck when i traced from my remote location then i saw that path all other sites are having different path. then with the help of PBR i m able to sort out this issue.

thanx all for ur input.

thanx and regards,

Tarn

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card